Saturday, January 19, 2019

LET THOSE GHOSTS GO๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŒป

Stop living with ghosts.

It's hard for me to write this article as it hits home for me the most.
But I write. I write so that we go through this journey together.
I write so that you know that you're not the only one struggling.I write to release myself from these ghosts that I also live with.

There are so many of us living with ghosts and we do not realize we do. Even if we do, we do not want to let it go because we'll no longer have something to fight for, we'll no longer have pain to hold on to, we will no longer have someone to blame for our situations.
Ghosts are things or people that have hurt us in our past;be it a father or a mother who left us, be it an ex girlfriend or boyfriend who hurt us,be it someone who sexually harassed you, be it teachers who made us feel like we are not enough, be it people we were once compared to or even an older version of ourselves.
These things have made us feel inadequate, these things have made us question ourselves, these things have made us wonder time and again, had they not been there...had they not have happened...had i not met them... Would things be different? Would I be a better person? Would I be at a better place?

I know that when you are not at your best, it's easy to blame these people or these events for it. You say that "maybe had my father not left me, I'd be a better person".
"It is because of my ex-girlfriend that I do not believe in love".
But for how long?
For how long are you going to let these ghosts live in your house? For how long are you going to let this pain rule you? For how long are you going to carry this in your heart cause you're hurt?

Don't you see that all these ghosts are holding you back from reaching your fullest potential? Don't you realize that even if they are not in your present they are draining you just as much?

Let your ghosts go.
Let them live in the past.
I know it's hard, I know how much they hurt you, I know you've carried it in your heart for so long.
But
It's time to let those ghosts go.

I'm sorry you had to wait so long to hear this.๐ŸŒป

1 comment:

  1. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘quite true...in one way or another this has made me realise the ghosts I have been holding back

    ReplyDelete

LET THOSE GHOSTS GO๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŒป

Stop living with ghosts. It's hard for me to write this article as it hits home for me the most. But I write. I write so that we go ...