This my come out a little ironical because it is because of social media that you've gotten to read this but imma still do this like I always do😊.
This might hit a nerve,but have the courage to read on.
Instagram,WhatsApp,Facebook and Snapchat even You Tube have kinda created another world for us.
Like we basically live there nowadays..(yes?you agree,I know you do).Think about it really.
Nowadays we spend more time recording instastories,going "live",whatsapp stories,snaps and the likes. People nowadays are traveling to places for vacations,going out with friends,hanging out BUT for all the wrong reasons..So just we could post it.See how many likes we would have,how many comments,how many replies..Sad isn't it?
Personally there was a time I'd make sure I'd post almost everyday.I might not have been going out but I'd dress up and take photos just to post.Then look after every 30 minutes to see how many likes I've gotten.Who has said I look hot.Who thinks I'm pretty.And belive it or not even with my "don't care " attitude I'd delete a post with not so many likes.Why? I'd feel inadequate or just not okay.Yeah.
Well this is why we lose connections. You find a couple seated together but each of them on their own devices.You find families out for dinner but nobody is talking..Everyone is too busy on their own phones.Even Squads.Friends.Big Birthdays and ceremonies but no one is really feeling the momemts..cause everyone is too busy putting something up on Instagram or Snapchat..and slowly we no longer remember what brought us together and all we talk about is "did you see my story?" " wow you should post that "
This might hit a nerve,but have the courage to read on.
Instagram,WhatsApp,Facebook and Snapchat even You Tube have kinda created another world for us.
Like we basically live there nowadays..(yes?you agree,I know you do).Think about it really.
Nowadays we spend more time recording instastories,going "live",whatsapp stories,snaps and the likes. People nowadays are traveling to places for vacations,going out with friends,hanging out BUT for all the wrong reasons..So just we could post it.See how many likes we would have,how many comments,how many replies..Sad isn't it?
Personally there was a time I'd make sure I'd post almost everyday.I might not have been going out but I'd dress up and take photos just to post.Then look after every 30 minutes to see how many likes I've gotten.Who has said I look hot.Who thinks I'm pretty.And belive it or not even with my "don't care " attitude I'd delete a post with not so many likes.Why? I'd feel inadequate or just not okay.Yeah.
Well this is why we lose connections. You find a couple seated together but each of them on their own devices.You find families out for dinner but nobody is talking..Everyone is too busy on their own phones.Even Squads.Friends.Big Birthdays and ceremonies but no one is really feeling the momemts..cause everyone is too busy putting something up on Instagram or Snapchat..and slowly we no longer remember what brought us together and all we talk about is "did you see my story?" " wow you should post that "
It's really heartbreaking how we are all loosing the people we've been with all our lives because we spend so much time on our phones and we forget them. We are all faking a happy life on Instagram and living miserably in reality. We keep on fighting to be like a certain influence or a social lite and we forget who we are as people.Girls have gone one to take photos almost completely naked just to get the likes and the comments.We have spent more time on people's Pages on Instagram than we have with them in person.This might hurt but face it.All those followers and "friends" you have on social media don't really care about you,well maybe some do but many don't.So stop throwing away your life because of THEM.
I'm not saying that now we throw away our phones and just delete all our accounts.
BUT.
I'm talking of more life and more from life.
Taking time to laugh with each other and not just because of memes
To know people more than just their statues.
To say to each other how we truly feel and not just plaster smiles on screens.
To truly spend time with friends and family away from phones and laptops.
Let's take time to feel.Cause at the end,when you are at your death bed,you'll want somebody to hold your hand and sing you "amazing grace" as you feel your last moments,not your phone in your hand posting your last instastory.You feel me?

No comments:
Post a Comment