I must admit growing up has been more of a roller coaster than I thought it would be 🌪🌪.
When I was younger I knew I wanted to be a fashion model ,then at a point I wanted to be an Aeronautical Engineer.Then everyone told me to do Mass Communication and I did believe that I'd make the greatest News Anchor but things didn't go that way and I have been placed to do Public Policy and Administration which I know nothing about. You can imagine how scared I am.
I know I want to change the world,I want to change perspectives on things.I want to speak to so many people and tell them what I have in mind.I also want to be wealthy, wealthy in my relationships and of course in my Bank account.
A part of me is scared that these dreams of mine won't come true. You know? What if things don't work out or I stop being ambitious or people just don't react to the kind of energy that I have?
And some days this pulls me back, it gets to my head and I don't feel like I'm processing.
But a friend of mine told me this;
“Don't stop being ambitious but also don't let it get into your head.
Ambition can make you
1. Succeed
2. Become evil
3. Get depressed and die"
It only helps you succeed if you contain it, taking things slowly, very slowly, looking at the workability of things, so that you remain ambitious and not get to over ambitious
A dream is something that you wake up and you want it to be reality, a vision is something that you want to take a successive path towards achieving. Don't be a dreamer, be a visionary. Because as dreamers we'd despair and be tempted to downgrade our dreams so that they match our reality, but as visionaries, we only have to upgrade our faith to match our vision"~Nyerere Ernest.
It spoke volumes and I knew I wasn't alone in this and I want you to know that you're also not alone.It's okay to be scared I just hope you know you're doing your best right now so don't give up on what you're doing. Some days you'll be exhausted and so tired just don't let those days define who you are.
I know I've given up on so many things that I would be great and here I am promising myself that I'll do better from now on.
I'm turning 18 and I'm going to make the best of it. You might be 19 right now or 22 or 23 even 35 and you know you can do better and do more, then make the best of it.
11/06/18✨
When I was younger I knew I wanted to be a fashion model ,then at a point I wanted to be an Aeronautical Engineer.Then everyone told me to do Mass Communication and I did believe that I'd make the greatest News Anchor but things didn't go that way and I have been placed to do Public Policy and Administration which I know nothing about. You can imagine how scared I am.
I know I want to change the world,I want to change perspectives on things.I want to speak to so many people and tell them what I have in mind.I also want to be wealthy, wealthy in my relationships and of course in my Bank account.
A part of me is scared that these dreams of mine won't come true. You know? What if things don't work out or I stop being ambitious or people just don't react to the kind of energy that I have?
And some days this pulls me back, it gets to my head and I don't feel like I'm processing.
But a friend of mine told me this;
“Don't stop being ambitious but also don't let it get into your head.
Ambition can make you
1. Succeed
2. Become evil
3. Get depressed and die"
It only helps you succeed if you contain it, taking things slowly, very slowly, looking at the workability of things, so that you remain ambitious and not get to over ambitious
A dream is something that you wake up and you want it to be reality, a vision is something that you want to take a successive path towards achieving. Don't be a dreamer, be a visionary. Because as dreamers we'd despair and be tempted to downgrade our dreams so that they match our reality, but as visionaries, we only have to upgrade our faith to match our vision"~Nyerere Ernest.
It spoke volumes and I knew I wasn't alone in this and I want you to know that you're also not alone.It's okay to be scared I just hope you know you're doing your best right now so don't give up on what you're doing. Some days you'll be exhausted and so tired just don't let those days define who you are.
I know I've given up on so many things that I would be great and here I am promising myself that I'll do better from now on.
I'm turning 18 and I'm going to make the best of it. You might be 19 right now or 22 or 23 even 35 and you know you can do better and do more, then make the best of it.
11/06/18✨

No comments:
Post a Comment